Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Kannazuki no Miko: Link Resource

(Originally 13 November 2006)

I have KOTOKO's Fatally sitting on my desktop, largely forgotten. One day in August after finals, I noticed it and on a whim began looking for Fatally on YouTube. This later brought on Nanoha and Nanoha A's, but at the moment, I stumbled across Re-Sublimity and Agony AMV's. Being the OP and ED for KnM, they led me to uploads of the series. It was a longer and more convoluted path than I've described, most of it through various other AMV's and maybe an episode or two of Nanoha, but the above is the gist of it.

Anyway, that's the unlikely beginning of my interest in the series. I later stumbled across a lot of other discussion, which I've listed below. I really appreciate AMVS.org's KnM tribute and analysis of the best character of the show.

The director was also an animation director/assistant animation director for some episodes of Escaflowne. Although I don't pay attention to mecha designs, I don't think that Escaflowne had much of an influence on KannaMiko's mecha.

Commentary

With regard to Shoujo-Ai and AnimeSuki, there is well in excess of 1000 posts in each thread. I waded through most of the AnimeSuki thread. There are some real pros at analysing characters, situations, morality, as well as making very accurate predictions. The latter declaration is tempered by the fact that the manga was already in print, but since it would not conclude until after the series, the predictions made about the ending, and the developments leading up to said ending, amount to clairvoyance at times.

Series Material
Fan Fiction

I really want to plug Final Healing, and Blinded by Jen-chan, who uses Shaw! It's a shame that they decided to fall back to the west. Anyway, it's a well written story that imagines the events following the final episode. My respect for Chikane went through the roof after reading this. More commentary later.

0 comments: